Crowdfunding is the practice of funding a project or new venture by raising small amounts of money from a large number of people, typically via the internet.
You can use crowdfunding for an established growing business, or if you are a start-up.
There are about 65 crowdfunding platforms operating in the UK. They offer services for you to showcase your project, idea, or business to potential investors.
Some platforms specialise in certain markets and industries, however the most popular ones are shown here:
- Crowdcube - UK's most rated
- Kickstarter - great for creative industries, food, music, film and technology
- Seedrs - great for start-ups minimum investments £10
- Indiegogo - the world’s biggest crowdfunding platform
- Funding Circle - investments from £60K to £1M
- Unbound - great for publishing projects, books etc
- Ratesetter – you agree the interest on a loan directly with an investor
- Go Fund Me - great for charities and social enterprises needing support.
The Minerva Business Angel Network
Established by the University of Warwick’s Science Park in 1994 as part of an Access to finance programme aimed at stimulating the growth of innovation-led businesses in any commercial sector.
They now have a large database of over 150 investors and Minerva operates 5 specific investor groups who meet every month in Coventry, Wolverhampton and Malvern Science Parks.
All business sectors are welcomed, operating at all stages - pre-starts, start-ups and established. You can get help with sourcing funding, introductions to funders, help with your business presentations.
You can contact them by:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone: 0247 6323122.
Ways to contact business support
The best way to contact us is through our online form so we have the right information to help you as quickly as possible. Contact us by: