Angel Investors and Venture Capitalists
Crowd Funding is a method of funding a project or new venture by raising small amounts of money from many people, typically via the internet. They offer services for you to showcase your project/idea/business to potential investors. Some platforms specialise in certain markets and industries; however, the most popular ones are:
- Crowdcube - UK's most rated
- Seedrs - great for start-ups minimum investments £10
- Kickstarter - great for creative industries, food, music, film, technology
- Indiegogo - the world’s biggest crowdfunding platform
- Funding Circle - investments from £60,000 to £1M
- Unbound - great for publishing projects, books etc.
- RateSetter - you agree the interest on a loan directly with an investor
- gofundme - great for charities and social enterprises needing support
- Crowdfunder – they don’t always charge a fee for using this platform fees, it depends on what the project is your looking to fund
Maven Capital Partners
Maven Capital Partners provide a range of funding options to growing businesses. They can offer a range of flexible funding solutions for entrepreneurial businesses at any stage of the growth cycle, including finance of £100,000 to £1.5M from the Midlands Engine Investment Fund.
- website: Maven Capital Partners
The Minerva Business Angel Network
This network has over 150 investors who meet every month in Coventry, Wolverhampton, and Malvern Science Parks. Businesses from all sectors are welcomed and at any operating stage - pre-starts, start-ups and established. They can help you with sourcing funding, introductions to investors and help with your business presentations.
UK Business Angels Association
This is a national trade association for angel and early-stage investments, representing 650 members that collectively deploy more than £2BN per annum. Members include angel groups, individual investors, early-stage venture capital companies, investment platforms, universities, and accelerators. You can subscribe or become a member to access the full investors list.
- website: UK Business Angels Association
Angel Investment Network
A platform that connects businesses looking for investment and investors with the capital, contacts, and knowledge to help them succeed. They claim to have 274,000 registered investors interested in new projects.
- website: Angel Investment Network
The Foresight Nottingham Fund
Foresight Group, an independent infrastructure and private equity investment manager, has launched the Foresight Nottingham Fund and are looking to invest in high growth businesses with a focus on Nottinghamshire and Nottingham. The Fund is actively looking to invest up to £2M in high-growth businesses already operating in the region as well as those looking to invest in the region.
- website: Foresight Nottingham Fund