Trade visits overseas
Overseas trade visits are important buyer seller events that seek to bring people together looking to create commercial opportunities. They provide opportunities to gain essential market knowledge whilst allowing you to find the right connections who will make market entry easier.
Find trade missions
You can search for events, trade fairs, missions, and webinars relevant to your sector or overseas markets here:
- website: Department for International Trade - Events
- website: East Midlands Chamber of Commerce - International events and market visits
You can download the 10Times app for free which lists nearby business events, trade shows, conferences in the UK and overseas via your tablet or mobile device.
It is available on:
The Midlands Engine
Is a government initiative that brings together the West and East Midlands as an engine for growth for the UK economy. They run events and trade visits to enable businesses to export more goods and services and grow their overall productivity. Some trade visits may have access to grant funding which can pay towards the costs of attending an overseas event.
Upcoming in-person trade events
We advise that you register your interest as early as possible, usually at least 2 months before as places are limited and trade missions are highly sought after.
- 16 to 18 January 2023: Destination Britain India (must register before 14 October 2022)
- 30 January to 2 February 2023: Arab Health 2023
- 7 to 9 March 2023: ITB Berlin Worlds Leading Travel Trade Exhibition (must register before 25 November 2022)
Virtual trade missions:
- 27 February to 2 March 2023: online travel trade event, ExploreGB Virtual (Must register before 16 December 2022)
Access international market export support
Find out if your business is eligible for tailored in-market support as part of the Export Support Service from the Department for International Trade.
You can access the Export Support Service where you will be put in touch with a member of the export support team:
- website: GOV.UK - ask the export support team
- telephone: 0300 303 8955