Wednesday 18th March - until 5.00 pm Thursday 23rd April 2020
The Council is seeking public feedback on the Draft Kirkby Town Centre Spatial Masterplan – Shaping Kirkby’s Future, and also the Draft Stations Masterplan (Kirkby and Sutton Parkway).
Draft Kirkby Town Centre Spatial Masterplan – Shaping Kirkby’s Future
The proposed Kirkby Town Centre Spatial Masterplan will replace the Masterplan for Kirkby in Ashfield (and Sutton in Ashfield) undertaken by ARUP in 2007. The updated document aims to provide a high-level framework for future investment and development which maximises the opportunities for Kirkby and capitalises on its existing assets. In particular it:
- Provides a consensus and common understanding of Kirkby Town Centre as a place – its character and identity.
- Establishes a clear Vision for Kirkby Town Centre to guide its development and improvements to 2030.
- Provides clear design principles for subsequent new development / projects with an emphasis on sustainability.
- Identifies sites and buildings where redevelopment and improvements will be encouraged.
- Aims to improve links to and within the Town Centre for pedestrians, cyclists and public transport users.
- Sets out how developments/projects and initiatives could be delivered, who would be involved in delivery, how they might be funded and by what mechanism.
- Provides an evidence base for the emerging Local Plan.
The Masterplan is not inflexible or prescriptive, and it is not intended to provide detailed projects or design solutions. Nor does it represent a commitment to funding by the District Council.
Draft Stations Masterplans (Kirkby & Sutton Parkway)
Ashfield District Council is seeking public feedback on proposed new plans to allow the Kirkby and Sutton Parkway station locations to respond positively to the benefits of potential plans to reopen the disused Maid Marian Line for passenger trains. As part of the plans, the two stations could receive significant upgrades, which would include improving accessibility. It is hoped that the railway line link could link with the proposed HS2 station at Toton, meaning travellers in Kirkby and Sutton could access the high speed route.
The Station Masterplans in particular:
- Show how the potential improvements in and around the stations could be capitalised on to create enhanced places and better connectivity for local residents
- .Consider the sense of arrival at each of the station and identify sites for development around the stations, along with opportunities for public realm improvements.
- Provide a framework for future private / public investment in the areas around the stations
The Masterplans are not inflexible or prescriptive, and are not intended to provide definitive projects or design solutions. Nor does it represent a commitment to funding by the District Council. Please note that the Masterplans document should be read in conjunction with the Maid Marian Line Economic Impact Analysis report
How to respond to the consultation:
The Kirkby Town Centre Spatial Masterplan is available to view here
The Draft Stations Masterplans (Kirkby & Sutton Parkway) are available to view here
The accompanying report - Maid Marian Line Economic Impact Analysis report is available to view here
Comments on any element of the Draft Kirkby Town Centre Spatial Masterplan, Draft Stations Masterplans (Kirkby & Sutton Parkway) and accompanying Maid Marian Line Economic Impact Analysis report are welcomed.
Comments can be made by:
copies of which can also be collected from the above locations. The completed form should then be:
- posted to: Forward Planning Team,
Ashfield District Council,
Notts, NG17 8DA.
Hard copies of the -
- Draft Kirkby Town Centre Spatial Masterplan,
- Draft Stations Masterplans (Kirkby & Sutton Parkway)
- Maid Marian Line Economic Impact Analysis report
will be made available to view during normal opening hours at the following locations:
Main District Council Offices at Urban Road, Kirkby
- District Council Offices at Brook Street, Sutton and Watnall Road, Hucknall
- Sutton, Huthwaite, Skegby, Kirkby, Selston and Hucknall libraries
Further information is available by calling the Forward Planning Team on
01623 457382 / 457383 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org