Ashfield District Council supports raising awareness of the dangers of grooming and child sexual exploitation.
Please take the time to watch this short film and share this video on to raise awareness of the dangers of speaking to people online.
Or read about it here.
You can also find more information on supporting the Leicestershire police CEASE campaign on this link.
Who can I speak to and where can I go?
If you are at risk of harm or suffering sexual abuse then it’s important to know that it is not your fault and you shouldn’t keep it to yourself – Speak to someone even if you have been told not to tell anyone!
Talking about a problem or if you are worried can be the first step to solving it and getting held and support from lots of people.
- If there’s an adult you trust, a parent, carer, friend or a teacher, talk to them first about what’s happening
- You can contact the police on 101 or in emergency you should always dial 999
- Call ChildLine on 0800 1111.
There are also many places you can visit for further help and advice, including:
- www.thinkuknow.co.uk - information and activities for children and teenagers aged 5+
- www.healthforteens.co.uk – information and advice on many health issues or worries
Visit NSPCC or Barnardo’s which has a useful guide for helping to keep friends safe and parental support for their child’s online safety.