Ashfield Local Plan Consultation (Regulation 18) - Local Plan Evidence Base
Please note: the consultation has now closed.
- Draft Local Plan - August 2021
- Draft Local Plan Executive Summary - Sets out a summary of the draft Local Plan
- Ashfield Draft Local Plan Policies map - Interactive map. Identifies specific policies and site allocations, such as housing and employment, from the Local Plan in map format.
- Ashfield Draft Local Plan Policies map - North - PDF version of the local plan map
- Ashfield Draft Local Plan Policies map - South - PDF version of the local plan map
- Equalities Impact Assessment – The Equality Impact Assessment considers the strategies and policies in the draft Local Plan to identify what effect or likely effect they will have on different groups within our communities
- Health Impact Assessment – Health Impact Assessment identifies the potential health impacts of the Local Plan with recommendations to maximise the positive impacts and minimise the negative impacts, while maintaining a focus on addressing health inequalities
- Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) [PDF 1Mb] - Sets out how we intend to consult on planning policy documents, and requirements for consulting on major planning applications. Adopted in August 2020
- Local Development Scheme - Sets out the programme for producing planning policy documents. Adopted in September 2021.
Sustainability appraisal considers the ways by which the Plan can contribute to improvements in environmental, social and economic conditions, as well as a means of identifying and mitigating any potential adverse effects that the Plan might otherwise have.
- Ashfield Local Plan Sustainability Appraisal Consultation Draft Local Plan (Regulation 18) Sustainability Appraisal – The Sustainability Appraisal of the Local Plan to help guide the selection and development of policies and proposals. It incorporates the requirements of Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Regulations that the require that the likely significant effects on the environment of implementing the Plan, and the reasonable alternatives to it, are identified, described and evaluated.
- Ashfield Local Plan Sustainability Appraisal Consultation Draft Local Plan (Regulation 18) Sustainability Appraisal Report: Non-Technical Summary - It provides an overview of the Sustainability Appraisal of the Draft Local Plan.
- Appendix A - Quality assurance checklist and SEA definitions
- Appendix B - Scoping report consultation summary
- Appendix C - Review of plans and programmes
- Appendix D - Baseline
- Appendix E - Appraisal of housing growth options
- Appendix F - Appraisal of employment growth options
- Appendix G - Appraisal of strategic spatial options
- Appendix H - Appraisal of site alternatives
- Appendix I - Appraisal of spatial strategy policies
- Appendix J - Appraisal of development management policies
- Appendix K - Indicative monitoring indicators
- Appendix M - Sie scoring framework
- Appendix N - Definitions of significance
- Sustainability appraisal scoping report February 2020 [PDF 5Mb] - Sets out the basis of how we assess the environmental, social and economic effects of our plans and policies. Adopted in February 2020
- Sustainability appraisal scoping report appendix 2020 [PDF 529Kb] - Sets out the plans and programmes which informed the SA Scoping Report
- Sustainability appraisal scoping report consultation report: Sets out the responses to the consultation undertaken on the draft SA Scoping Report.
There are two neighbourhood plans in Ashfield which from part of the development plan for Ashfield
- JUS-t Neighbourhood Plan 2017- 2032 [PDF 2Mb] and JUS-t Neighbourhood Plan Appendix E place analysis [PDF 6Mb] - Contains planning policies to manage development substantially covering most of the Parish of Selston. The Local Plan and the Neighbourhood Plan are the main documents, which is used to decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area. More information can be found on the Jacksdale, Underwood, and Selston Neighbourhood Plan web page. Referendum 12 October 2017 made by Ashfield District Council 7 November 2017
- Teversal Neighbourhood Development Plan 2016-2031 [PDF 1Mb] and Teversal Neighbourhood Development Plan Appendix C design guide [PDF 23Mb] - Contains planning policies to manage development in the area to the north of Sutton in Ashfield including Skegby, Stanton Hill, Teversal, Fackley and Stanley. The Local Plan and the Neighbourhood Plan are the main documents used to decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area. There is more information on the Teversal, Stanton Hill, and Skegby Neighbourhood Plan web page. Referendum 12 October 2017 made by Ashfield District Council 7 November 2017
The Background Papers bring together and explain the approach taken in relation to bringing forward the Local Plan.
- Background Paper No 1 Spatial Strategy and Location of Development August 2021
- Background Paper No 2 Housing August 2021
- Background Paper No 3 Economy and Employment Land August 2021
- Background Paper No 4 Green Belt Harm, August 2021
- Background Paper No 5 Infrastructure Delivery August 2021
An evidence base is information utilised to understand the area where we live and work and to inform the Local Plan and its policies, allocations and areas to be protected. It reflects that national planning policy required that “the preparation and review of all policies should be underpinned by relevant and up-to-date evidence. This should be adequate and proportionate, focused tightly on supporting and justifying the policies concerned, and take into account relevant market signals.
(NPPF July 2021, paragraph 31).
- Statement of Common Grounds – sets out a record of progress on strategic aspects that cross district council boundaries.
Meeting the challenge of climate change and adapt to its effects
- Sustainable energy policy main document [PDF 1Mb] - main document: Provide evidence on sustainable energy for Nottinghamshire - 2009
- Sustainable energy renewable carbon energy maps [PDF 4Mb] - operational renewal and low carbon energy schemes - 2009
- Sustainable energy consultation report [PDF 971Kb]- Draft policy framework on sustainable energy - 2009
- Low carbon energy opportunities [PDF 1Mb] - Evidence base for the technical potential for renewable and low carbon energy technologies - 2011
- Strategic flood risk assessment [PDF 2Mb] - Overview of flood risk for Ashfield - 2009
- Outline water cycle study [PDF 6Mb] - An assessment of the water infrastructure to accommodate growth - 2010.
Protecting and enhancing Ashfield’s character through its natural environment and heritage
A number of different studies have been prepared to support the development of environmental policies in the Local Plan.
- 2016 Strategic Green Belt Review (SGBR) Methodology and Addendum Updated 2021 - Sets out the approach used inn undertaking a review of the Green Belt in Ashfield as part of the Local Plan process
- SGBR Appendix 1 - map of greenbelt in Ashfield and assessment areas [PDF 4Mb]
- SGBR Appendix 2 - Greater Nottinghamshire and Ashfield green belt assessment framework [PDF 300Kb]
- SGBR Appendix 3 - Kirkby and Annesley Green Belt Assessments [PDF 49Mb]
- SGBR Appendix 4 - Selston Green Belt Assessments [PDF 7Mb]
- SGBR Appendix 5 - Jacksdale Green Belt Assessments [PDF 3Mb]
- SGBR Appendix 6 - Brinsley Green Belt Assessments [PDF 17Mb]
- SGBR Appendix 7 - Underwood Green Belt Assessments [PDF 37Mb]
- SGBR Appendix 8 - Hucknall Green Belt Assessments [PDF 10Mb]
- SGBR Appendix 9 - Junction 27, M1 Motorway Assessments [PDF 357Kb]
- Green Belt Boundary Review Technical Paper [PDF 3Mb] - Review of the Green Belt boundaries to determine whether there are any anomalies - 2015
- Ashfield Criteria for Local Heritage Asset Designation [PDF 13Mb] - Sets out the approach to identify local heritage assets in Ashfield - 2013
- Hardwick Hall Setting Study [PDF 22Mb] - Study on behalf of the National Trust examining the setting of Hardwick Hall a Grade I listed building, the Old Hall and the historic park and gardens - 2016
- Ashfield Green Infrastructure and Biodiversity Technical Paper [PDF 25Mb] - Identifies the green infrastructure corridors in Ashfield - 2013
- Biodiversity Opportunity Mapping Project [PDF 6Mb] - Provides a better understanding of biodiversity across Ashfield - 2016. It should be seen in conjunction with neighbouring authorities BOMs
- Greater Nottingham Landscape Character Assessment (Ashfield Part Only) [PDF 2Mb] - Undertakes an assessment of the landscape of Ashfield and surrounding districts - 2009
- Addendum to Landscape Character Assessment [PDF 6Mb]
- Playing Pitch Strategy June 2017 [PDF 7Mb] - Overview of the provision for various sports in Ashfield for the period 2017 - 2020
- Public Open Space Strategy [PDF 767Kb] - Considers the open space requirements for Ashfield for the period 2016 – 2026
Building a strong economy which provides opportunities for local people
The Council has produced a range of studies to support the economic policies of the Local Plan.
- Maid Marion Rail Extension Economic Impact Analysis [PDF 3Mb]- Considers the potential overall economic impact of the new Maid Marian passenger route through Ashfield and Mansfield - February 2020
- Maid Marian rail extension masterplan report [PDF 17Mb] - The masterplans make recommendations on specific local interventions that could be delivered to each of the train stations and surrounding localities
- Employment Land Forecasting Study, Nottingham Core HMA & Nottingham Outer HMA [PDF 6Mb] - Evidence on economic prospects and employment land forecasts for the Nottingham Core Housing Market Area (HMA) and the Nottingham Outer HMA - 2015
- Ashfield and Mansfield A Plan for Growth [PDF 4Mb] - Economic development strategy for Ashfield and Mansfield - 2017
- Nottingham Core HMA And Nottingham Outer HMA Employment Land Needs Study 2021 [PDF 22Mb] - Updated the evidence on economic prospects and employment land forecasts for the Nottingham Core Housing Market Area (HMA) and the Nottingham Outer HMA. (Warning: Large document; please access this document on a computer over WiFi. If you encounter issues accessing this document, please contact Planning.)
Placing vibrant town and local centres at the heart of the community
These studies consider the role of the Town Centres, and retail/leisure aspects.
- Sutton Town Centre Spatial Masterplan - March 2019
- Kirkby Town Centre Spatial Masterplan - Shaping Kirkby’s Future, February 2021
- Hucknall Town Centre Masterplan [PDF 7Mb] - Masterplan for Hucknall Town Centre - 2009
- Ashfield Retail and Leisure Study (including Appendices A-F) [PDF 1Mb] - The 2016 Retail and Leisure Study acts as an update to the two previous Ashfield Retail Studies completed in 2006 and 2011 - 2016
- Ashfield Retail and Leisure Study - Appendix A Map of Study Area and Zones Plan [PDF 1Mb]
- Ashfield Retail and Leisure Study - Appendix B Health Check Summary of Sutton, Hucknall and Kirkby [PDF 1Mb]
- Ashfield Retails and Leisure Study - Appendix C Experian GOAD Plans for Sutton, Hucknall and Kirkby [PDF 3Mb]
- Ashfield Retail and Leisure Study - Appendix D Health Check of Local Shopping Centres [PDF 1Mb]
- Ashfield Retail and Leisure Study - Appendix E Household Survey Results [PDF 624Kb]
- Ashfield Retail and Leisure Study - Appendix F Statistical Tables [PDF 2Mb]
- Ashfield Retail and Leisure Study - Appendix G Town Centre Boundaries [PDF 3Mb]
Meeting local housing needs and aspirations
- SHELAA Methodology 2021
- Appendix E: Hucknall SHELAA Reports
- Appendix F: Kirkby SHELAA Reports
- Appendix G: Sutton SHELAA Reports
- Appendix H: Rural SHELAA Reports
- SHELAA Interactive Map
- Greater Nottingham and Ashfield District Council Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Assessment, March 2021
- - RRR Consultancy Ltd.
- Greater Nottingham and Ashfield Housing Needs Assessment 2020 [PDF 5Mb] - Provides as assessment of local housing needs, addressing the need for different types of housing for different groups.
- Ashfield New Settlement Study Final Report March 2021 [PDF 8Mb] - The report assesses the suitability, availability and achievability of two potential new settlement options for the emerging Ashfield Local Plan. (Warning: Large document; please access this document on a computer over WiFi. If you encounter issues accessing this document, please contact Planning.)
- Ashfield New Settlements Study 2021 Technical Proforma Site 1 Kirkby Lane Pinxton Lane Kirkby In Ashfield [PDF 6Mb] - Ashfield New Settlements Study, 2021 Technical Proforma Site 1 - Kirkby Lane/Pinxton Lane, Kirkby-in-Ashfield
- Ashfield New Settlements Study 2021 Technical Proforma Site 2 Cauldwell Road Derby Road Sutton In Ashfield [PDF 6Mb] - Ashfield New Settlements Study, 2021 Technical Proforma Site 2 - Cauldwell Road/Derby Road, Sutton in Ashfield
- Affordable Housing Delivery Strategy 2019-2021 - The focus of this strategy is the actions that can be taken by the Council to increase the supply of affordable homes for rent or for sale in Ashfield district, developed either by the Council, housing association or by a private developer.
Achieving successful development through well designed places.
- Greater Nottingham (including Ashfield) accessibility of settlements study [PDF 983Kb]</a Sets out an analysis of sustainable settlements - 2010
- Nottinghamshire Local Transport Plan Strategy 2011-2026 [PDF 7Mb] - Sets out the County Council’s transport strategy to 2026 - 2011
- Ashfield Local Plan and Community Infrastructure Liability Viability assessment [PDF 2Mb] - Considers the approach to viability of development and the requirement for affordable housing - 2016
- Brownfield land register: an annual register of brownfield land suitable for housing development. This relates only to Part 1 of the register as no sites have been identified in Part 2. Adopted in January 2020
- Annual monitoring review 2018-2019 [PDF 1Mb] - The Annual Monitoring Report sets out what is happening in Ashfield. It is used to inform whether Local Plan policies need to be updated. This is reviewed annually
- Housing Land Monitoring Report 2021 [PDF 1Mb] - Land for housing and the rate of dwelling completions is monitored annually. This is reviewed annually
- Employment land monitoring report 2020 [PDF 4Mb] - Sets out the availability and development of land for employment purposes. This is reviewed annually
- Retail floorspace survey 2020 [PDF 4Mb] - undertaken at frequent intervals to monitor changes within the retail sector in Ashfield. Reviewed frequently
- Self-build and custom build monitoring - The monitoring reports set out in broad terms the nature of demand according to the register. It also identifies permissions that have been granted that could potentially contribute to meeting that demand. This is reviewed regularly
- Infrastructure Funding Statement - provides a summary of financial contributions the council has secured through Section 106 agreements from new developments for off-site infrastructure works, affordable housing, and highway works completed as part of new developments.
If you have any queries regarding the draft Local Plan consultation or if you require assistance accessing any of the documents listed, please contact Forward Planning Officers by:
- telephone: 01623 457381, 01623 457382 or 01623 457383
- email: email@example.com