Home Page

Reporting changes

Changes in circumstances  which need to be reported

If someone fails to let us know about any changes which may affect their entitlement to benefit/support, they may be committing fraud.

Changes we need to know about:

  • Children leaving home or school
  • Anyone moves in or out of the address
  • Changes in the level of income (including benefits) of anyone in the household
  • Changes in the level of capital or savings by more than £200
  • If anyone in the household becomes a student, goes on a Youth Training Scheme, goes into hospital or a nursing home, goes to prison, or gets, changes or leaves a job
  • The rent changes
  • A new address
  • The address is vacant for more than a month