What types of fraud are there?
- People who work but do not declare it.
- People who claim as a single person but actually have a partner living with them
- People who do not tell us about the full amount of income, savings or capital they receive/have
- People who do not tell us if other adults are living in the household
- People who claim for an address when they are not living there
- People who claim in more than one name
- People who do not declare that they are living in a property owned by a close relative
- People who do not tell us their true personal or financial circumstances
If someone knowingly assists a claimant with a fraudulent claim they may also be guilty of an offence.
Take a look at the Common Frauds of Christmas here.