Home Page

Council Tax Appeals

Can I appeal if I feel my property has not been banded correctly?

If you feel your property has not been valued correctly, you can appeal to the Listing Officer at:

Valuation Office Agency, Council Tax, East Ferrers House, Castle Meadow Road, Nottingham NG2 1AB

Tel: 03000 501501

Appeals should be made within six months of you becoming the taxpayer.

Can I appeal for any other reason?

If you feel you are not the person who should pay the tax or have been refused a discount, exemption or a reduction for a person with a disability, you need to write to the Local Taxation Section stating your reason for making the appeal. If this appeal is turned down you can then appeal to an independent tribunal.

The tax must still be paid even if you make an appeal. If the appeal is successful any tax that has been overpaid will be refunded or paid against any other unpaid Local Taxes that you owe.