Low Cost Home Ownership
Assistance is available for people currently living in the district of Ashfield who are looking for affordable home ownership.
Orbit Help to Buy Agents are the Help to Buy Agents for the East Midlands. They are using the brand ‘Help to Buy Midlands’.
To find out more about Help to Buy Midlands, please visit the website: www.helptobuymidlands.co.uk. Here you can find full details of government home ownership schemes, developers and Registered Providers offering shared ownership and links to the application forms (called a Property Information Form for Help to Buy equity loan). The contact tel no is: 0345 850 2050 (select option 2) for all Help to Buy Home Ownership enquiries.
Help to Buy Midlands
Below is a brief description of some of the available schemes :
- Shared Ownership - Part buy, part rent your home. You may be eligible if you can't afford to buy a home without help and are a first time buyer with an income of less than £60,000 per year.
- FirstBuy - A new equity scheme to help first time buyers purchase a new home on selected developments throughout the East Midlands. You buy a minimum of 80% and the remaining share is provided as an equity loan.
- HomeBuy Direct - Buy part of your home (not necessarily 80%) and use an equity loan for the rest.
- Armed Forces Home Ownership Scheme - You may be eligible if you can't afford to buy a home without help and are a serving member of the British Armed Forces and have 4-6 years service.
- Rent to Buy - Pay reduced rent on a home so that you can save for a deposit to purchase in the future.
- Discount for Sale - You may be eligible if you can't afford to buy a home without help and live or work in the immediate area with an income of less than £60,000 per year.
Help to Buy - You may be able to get financial help through a Help to Buy home ownership scheme if you can’t afford to buy a home. The 4 types of Help to Buy scheme are:
Contact the Help to Buy Scheme to find out more about Help to Buy equity loans and shared ownership schemes.
There are also schemes for council and housing association tenants. Read the guides on Right to Buy,for council tenants, and Right to Acquire, for housing association tenants.