You are in priority need if you:
- or someone you live with, is pregnant;
- are responsible for dependent children;
- are homeless as a result of flood, fire or other disaster;
- are a ‘vulnerable’ person;
- are aged 16 or 17, unless social services has a responsibility for you;
- are aged 18–20 and were ‘looked after’ by social services (even for one day) when you were aged 16 or 17 (unless you are a student in full-time higher or further education whose accommodation is not available during the holidays, in which case social services has to help you until you are 24).