This duty requires specified public authorities from 1 October 2018 to notify a Housing Authority of people who are homeless or are likely to become homeless within 56 days.
The public authorities which are subject to the duty to refer are specified in the Homelessness (Review Procedure) Regulations 2018:
- Youth offender institutions
- Secure training centres
- Secure colleges
- Youth offending teams
- Probation services (including community rehabilitation companies)
- Job Centre Plus
- Social service authorities
- Emergency health departments
- Regent health treatment centres, and
- hospitals in their function of providing inpatient care
- the Secretary of State for defence in relation to members of the regular forces (Royal Navy, Royal Marines, Army and Royal Air Force)
- Before making a referral, a public authority must have consent to make the referral and consent from the individual that their contact details can be shared so that the housing authority can contact them.
To make a referral to the Housing Options Team, please use this website