The duty to provide you with temporary accommodation will not go on forever.
The accommodation will be withdrawn if any of the following events occur:
- your immigration status changes so you are no longer eligible;
- you become intentionally homeless from accommodation provided to you (e.g. you deliberately fail to pay your rent);
- you refuse an offer of different temporary accommodation because the council wants to move you. The council must inform you about the consequences of refusing it;
- you accept or refuse (without good reason) a written offer of suitable housing from the council’s waiting list;
- you accept an offer of a suitable fully assured tenancy from a private landlord;
- you accept or refuse (without good reason) an offer of a suitable assured shorthold tenancy with a private landlord with a fixed term of one year or more;
- you decide to move out of the temporary accommodation provided to you by the council (e.g. you decide to make your own long-term arrangements).