10 reasons to work with LABC
Building Control from your local authority
Fast, responsive, competitive and helpful
- We’re local and know the area. Our qualified and experienced surveyors have the best knowledge of local ground conditions, local sites and local history. We are only a few minutes away so if you have an unexpected problem we can respond quickly.
- Your customers trust us to work with you to bring their project in on time, on budget and with all the paperwork in place should they ever decide to sell
- We encourage innovation. If you are doing something new, different or complicated we will work with you and consult with our national partners for advice. There’s no extra cost for this. We even have registers of products, designs and specification details that you can use completely free of charge.
- We offer free advice early in your project. We’re happy to talk about a job long before you start. Early conversations often save time and money.
- We are totally independent, impartial, and accountable. As the local council, our job is to work with local businesses and the local community. We’re not there to make a profit.
- Our fees are competitive and good value. We check your plans, we provide help and advice and we believe that site visits are important. If you hit a problem then we will be there to help. We are an extra pair of eyes and you can rely on us to back you up. Only a Local Authority can give you the peace of mind of a Completion Certificate.
- We will help you to cut out the red tape. You can talk to our technical support teams about how to make an application over the phone and start work almost straight away
- We look at all plans. If you use our Full Plans service we give you proper confirmation that your plans are approved. So you can start specifying materials, deliveries and organising trades with the confidence that your project is ready to start.
- LABC offer lots of other services. Demolition advice, energy calculations, acoustic surveys and testing, fire engineering, structural engineering, training and CPD seminars.
- Contact us now. Making a Building Regs application is easy and we are there to help. You can submit your application online at http://www.ashfield.gov.uk/media/2095/new-br-application-form.pdf and email to email@example.com or by post. Visit http://www.ashfield.gov.uk/residents/planning-and-building-control/building-control/contact-building-control/ to make an enquiry and we will contact you.
LABC Building Control – a national service delivered by local experts