The Teversal, Stanton Hill and Skegby Neighbourhood Development Plan is made under Section 38A(4) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004 and forms part of the Development Plan for the Neighbourhood Area. (Development plans are defined in Section 38 (3) of the Act).
A referendum was held on 12th October 2017 where more than 50% of the persons voting supported Ashfield District Council using the Neighbourhood Plan for Teversal, Stanton Hill and Skegby to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area. Under the provisions of the Neighbourhood Plan Act 2017, the Plan came into force once it was approved at the referendum. In accordance with the legislative requirements, the Council subsequently made the Plan on 7th November 2017.
Paper copies of the Decision Statement and JUS-T (Selston) Neighbourhood Development Plan can be inspected, during the opening hours, at:
- Ashfield District Council, Urban Road, Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottingham, NG17 8DA
- Ashfield District Council, Broadway, Brook Street, Sutton in Ashfield, Notts, NG17 1AL.
- Skegby and Stanton Hill Library, Mansfield Road, Skegby, Notts, NG17 3EE.
- Sutton in Ashfield Library, Idlewells Shopping Centre, Sutton in Ashfield, Notts, NG17 1BP.
A referendum on the Teversal, Stanton Hill and Skegby Neighbourhood Plan will be held on 12th October 2017
The referendum enables the local community to decide whether the Neighbourhood Plan will be adopted as part of the development plan and be used to determine planning applications in the area.
The question that the referendum has to ask by legislation is:
"Do you want Ashfield District Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Teversal, Stanton Hill and Skegby to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?"
The Referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures, which are similar to those used at local government elections. Anybody registered to vote in the area covered by your Neighbourhood Plan will be entitled to vote. A simple majority of votes (over 50% of those voting) in favour of your Neighbourhood Plan is sufficient for it to come into effect.
The following information is available below in relation to the Plan:
Paper copies of these documents are available at:
- Ashfield District Council, Council Offices, Urban Road, Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottingham, NG17 8DA. Monday to Thursday 8.30 am to 5.00pm and Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm.
- Ashfield District Council, (Ashfield Homes), Broadway, Brook Street, Sutton in Ashfield, Notts, NG17 1AL. Opening hours Monday to Thursday 8.30 am to 5.00pm and Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm.
- Skegby and Stanton Hill Library, Mansfield Road, Skegby, Sutton in Ashfield, Notts, NG17 3EE. Opening hours are Monday 1.30 pm to 6.00 pm, Wednesday 9.30 am to 12.30 pm, Friday 1.30 pm to 5.00 pm and Saturday 9.30 am to 12.30 pm.
- Sutton in Ashfield Library, Idlewells Shopping Centre, Sutton in Ashfield, Notts, NG17 1BP. Opening hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9.00 am to 5.30 pm, Wednesday 9.00 am to 6.30 pm and Saturday 9.00 am to 2.30 pm.
Further information on the referendum is available on the Council’s Elections page on the Neighbourhood Plan.
On 14th August 2017 Ashfield District Council agreed to proceed to referendum on the draft Teversal, Stanton Hill and Skegby Neighbourhood Plan. The Council’s Decision Statement can be read below:
At the Referendum, if more than 50% of the person voting approve the Plan, the Plan will be utilised for the determination of relevant planning applications in the Neighbourhood Plan Area.
The area that the Referendum takes place is the Teversal Stanton Hill and Skegby Neighbourhood Plan Area.
Under the Neighbourhood Plan Act 2017 The Neighbourhood Plan is deemed to be a post referendum plan and is a material consideration in a relevant planning application in the Neighbourhood Plan Area.
EXAMINATION OF THE SUBMITTED NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
The Independent Examiner, Janet Cheesley BA (Hons) DipTP MRTPI of CHEC Planning Ltd, has produced her report which was receive by the Council on 10th July 2017. You can read the Examiner's Report below:
SUBMITTED PROPOSED NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION
The submitted proposed neighbourhood plan includes the following:
(Please click on the document to access the submitted documents)
Ashfield District Council Legal Compliance Check and Decision Statement is available on the link below:
Should you have any queries on this matter please contact Forward Planning on 01623 457381 or email email@example.com
Contact details for the Teversal, Stanton Hill & Skegby Neighbourhood Forum
Name & Address: Mike Vardy, Hill House, Teversal Village, Sutton in Ashfield, NG17 3JN.
Telephone: 01623 554969.
Further information on the Teversal, Stanton Hill and Skegby Neighbourhood Plan is available on the Teversal, Stanton Hill and Skegby Neighbourhood Forum ‘s website
PREVIOUS STAGES OF THE NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
The relevant body who applied for the designation – The Teversal, Stanton Hill & Skegby Neighbourhood Forum.
Designation of the Teversal, Stanton Hill & Skegby Neighbourhood Area
- 11th December 2014 - Application by the proposed Teversal, Stanton Hill & Skegby Neighbourhood Forum for the designation of the Teversal, Stanton Hill & Skegby Neighbourhood Area comprising an area to the north of Sutton in Ashfield including Teversal, Stanton Hill and Skegby.
- 15th December 2014 to 2nd February 2015 - Consultation on the Teversal, Stanton Hill & Skegby Neighbourhood Area application.
- 23rd February 2015 - Designation of the Teversal, Stanton Hill & Skegby Neighbourhood Area by Ashfield District Council.
The area was not designated as a business area under Section 61H of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
The statement explaining why the area was considered appropriate to be designated and the designated plan area can be access below:
CONSULTATION ON THE SUBMITTED TEVERSAL, STANTON HILL AND SKEGBY PROPOSED NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN - 28th APRIL 2017 to 12th JUNE 2017 (Now Closed)
Teversal, Stanton Hill and Skegby Neighbourhood Forum has prepared a proposed Neighbourhood Plan, which has been submitted to Ashfield District Council in accordance with Regulation 15 of the Town and Country Planning England Neighbour Planning (General) Regulations 2012, as amended.
The Neighbourhood Forum undertook consultations on earlier drafts of their Plan and comments made helped to inform changes to the proposed Plan now submitted to Ashfield District Council.
In accordance with Regulation 16, the District Council invited representations on the submitted Neighbourhood Plan. The representations period ran from Friday, 28th April 2017 to Monday, 12th June 2017.
Strategic Environmental Assessment Screening Report
The Council has undertaken a Strategic Environmental Assessment Screening Report of the Pre Submission Consultation Neighbourhood Plan. After consultation with the relevant statutory agencies (the Environment Agency, Natural England and Historic England) the Council has determined that a strategic environmental assessment of the Neighbourhood Plan is not required. As such, it is the opinion of Ashfield District Council that the Teversal, Stanton Hill and Skegby Neighbourhood Plan is in accordance with the provisions of European Directive 2001/42/EC as incorporated into United Kingdom law by the Environmental Assessment of Plans and Programmes Regulations 2004.
The SEA Screening Report sets out the Council’s determination and includes a statement of the reasons for reaching that determination.