Titchfield Park was created when the Duke of Portland gave 11 acres of land, then known as Caddow Park, to the town of Hucknall in 1914, in honour of the 21st birthday of his son, The Marquis of Titchfield.
A further 13 acres were added when the Hucknall Miners Welfare Committee decided to further the development of Titchfield Park from funds raised to provide facilities for the local miners.
The original brief of the committee was that the park should be set out to provide for cricket, football, bowls and tennis courts with trees, shrubs and flowers planted all around. The design, drawn up by J W Bardill, also included a bandstand, tearooms, a pavilion, shelters and a caretaker's lodge.
The works were held up by the outbreak of the First World War and the Marquis finally performed the opening ceremony in July 1922.