Kirkby Town Centre Spatial Masterplan
Shaping Kirkby’s Future
The proposed Kirkby Town Centre Spatial Masterplan will replace the Masterplan for Kirkby in Ashfield (and Sutton in Ashfield) undertaken by ARUP in 2007. The updated document aims to provide a high-level framework for future investment and development which maximises the opportunities for Kirkby and capitalises on its existing assets. In particular it:
- provides a consensus and common understanding of Kirkby town centre as a place, its character and identity
- establishes a clear vision for Kirkby town centre to guide its development and improvements to 2030
- provides clear design principles for subsequent new development / projects with an emphasis on sustainability
- identifies sites and buildings where redevelopment and improvements will be encouraged
- aims to improve links to and within the town centre for pedestrians, cyclists and public transport users
- sets out how developments/projects and initiatives could be delivered, who would be involved in delivery, how they might be funded and by what mechanism
- provides an evidence base for the emerging Local Plan.
The Masterplan is not inflexible or prescriptive, and it is not intended to provide detailed projects or design solutions. Nor does it represent a commitment to funding from us.
Ways to contact us
Further information is available by contacting us by:
- email: email@example.com
- telephone: 01623 457382 or 01623 457383.