Skip to sub navigation Skip to main content

Council Tax appeals

If you feel you are not the person who should pay Council Tax or have been refused a discount, exemption or a reduction for a person with a disability, you can appeal. 

To appeal you need to write to us stating your reason for making the appeal. If this appeal is turned down you can then appeal to an independent tribunal.

The tax must still be paid even if you make an appeal. If the appeal is successful any tax that has been overpaid will be refunded or paid against any other unpaid local taxes you owe.

You can write to us at: 

  • address

Revenues and Customer Services
Ashfield District Council
Urban Road
Kirkby in Ashfield
NG17 8DA

Contact us about Council Tax

You can contact us about Council Tax by: 

  • telephone: 01623 457400