What your Council Tax pays for
We collect Council Tax for Ashfield. This includes billing, collecting payments, calculating discounts, and offering advice if you have trouble paying.
The Council Tax we collect doesn't only contribute to paying for our services - it goes toward paying for services provided by:
- Nottinghamshire County Council
- Nottinghamshire Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner
- Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service
- our services as a district council
- your parish or town council.
The services we provide include:
- environmental and regulatory services
- health and recreation services
- housing and community services
- planning and development services
- refuse collection and recycling
- democratic Services
- revenues and benefits services.
The leaflets in the related documents section detail how Council Tax is spent in Ashfield and how to check you are paying the right level of Council Tax. You can also find information on how much you pay by band and area, how Council Tax has changed, and Council Tax for Parish Councils.
Ways to contact us about your Council Tax
You can use our online forms to register to pay, pay your Council Tax, apply for a refund, or tell us about a change of address or circumstances. If you cannot use our online forms or you have a question you can contact us by: