Skip to sub navigation Skip to main content

Street parties or fetes

Voluntary and community events such as street parties and summer fetes are an important aspect of everyday life that help encourage people to play a more active part in society.

You will need to let us know if you event includes: 

  • sale of alcohol
  • entertainment such as music, dance, films, plays
  • traders selling food and drink
  • sale of raffle tickets.

You may need a temporary event notice, and special event trader consents, as well as other licences in place. 

If you need a road closed in order to hold your event you will need to let Nottingamshire County Council know. They will usually need 3 months before the event to consider the application but can sometimes work to a shorter notice period. They can be contacted about this by: 

Advice about organising a street party or fete

If you'd like some advice about what licences you might need for a street party or fete you can contact us by: