Pay your rent online, see latest statements, book and view repairs through the Tenant Portal
Help to manage your home
We will help new tenants settle in their home and support existing tenants who are struggling to sustain their tenancy. We will give priority to:
- first time tenants
- tenants under the age of 21
- tenants who are at risk of eviction
- tenants with mental health issues
- older tenants
- tenants who are overcrowding or under occupying their property.
Tenancy Sustainment Service
Are you looking for support in helping to manage your tenancy or your home?
Our Tenancy Sustainment Service is a free short term service, designed to help our tenants to manage their tenancy effectively, with the aim of being independent.
Our Tenancy Sustainment Officers are here to help you through any tenancy related problems you may be having, or you may have a tenancy for the first time and are not sure what to do.
By giving you information, advice and skills, we aim to help you to live independently and maintain your tenancy.
We can help you with:
- budgeting, debt counselling and welfare rights
- benefit advice and help with forms
- tenancy related advice including rent arrears and nuisance issues
- arranging for utilities (gas and electricity) to be connected
- advice on managing and maintaining your tenancy/home
- accessing support from local services and agencies
- signposting you to employment and training opportunities.
Who can access the service?
The service is available to Ashfield District Council tenants who are:
- at risk of losing their home or who are struggling to maintain their tenancy
- need help setting up their tenancy
- going through a temporary period of personal difficulty
- not receiving a support service from any other support provider.
How long does the service last?
The service is only for people with temporary or short-term difficulties and normally lasts for three months.
How to apply for the Tenancy Sustainment service
Tenants can make a self-referral by contacting the Tenancy Sustainment Team or they can be referred by a professional agency such as Social Services.
Opening hours are:
- Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5.00pm
- Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm
If you are a tenant of Ashfield District Council and need support:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone: 01623 450000 (option 1 followed by option 3).