Ashfield Draft Local Plan Consultation (Regulation 18)
The Council consulted on the Draft Local Plan from the 4 October 2021 to 16 November 2021. Please note that the consultation is now closed.
The documents directly relating to the Draft Local Plan consultation can be found below. The evidence base documents are available on the Local Plan Evidence Base page.
Draft Local Plan - Regulation 18 consultation responses
We have taken into account all representations received and prepared a Statement of consultation document which reflects the position at August 2022.
The Statement of consultation summarises the responses received. These summaries are grouped by policy, site allocation and section of the draft Local Plan and into background documents, sustainability appraisal and other documents.
Whilst the document sets of the main aspects identified by the respondents from the consultation, further details regarding individual representations and the Council’s response can be found in these appendices:
- Appendix 1 - Where are we now [XLSX 24Kb]
- Appendix 2 - Vision and strategic objectives [XLSX 40Kb]
- Appendix 3 - Strategic policies [XLSX 147Kb]
- Appendix 4 - Climate change [XLSX 29Kb]
- Appendix 5 - Natural environment [XLSX 48Kb]
- Appendix 6 - Housing [XLSX 47Kb]
- Appendix 7 - Economy [XLSX 18Kb]
- Appendix 8 - Town and local centres [XLSX 23Kb]
- Appendix 9 - Successful development [XLSX 36Kb]
- Appendix 10 - Local Plan appendices [XLSX 24Kb]
- Appendix 11 - Sustainability appraisal [XLSX 36Kb]
- Appendix 12 - Background papers [XLSX 36Kb]
- Appendix 13 - Other documents [XLSX 37Kb]
Regulation 18 Draft Local Plan and supporting documents
- Draft Local Plan
- Draft Local Plan Executive Summary- Sets out a summary of the draft Local Plan
- Understanding the Local Plan.
- Land Proposed for Housing or Employment Purposes
- Ashfield Draft Local Plan Policies map - North- PDF version of the local plan map
- Ashfield Draft Local Plan Policies map - South (external link)- PDF version of the local plan map
- Equalities Impact Assessment– The Equality Impact Assessment considers the strategies and policies in the draft Local Plan to identify what effect or likely effect they will have on different groups within our communities
- Health Impact Assessment– Health Impact Assessment identifies the potential health impacts of the Local Plan with recommendations to maximise the positive impacts and minimise the negative impacts, while maintaining a focus on addressing health inequalities
- Statement of Common Grounds – sets out a record of progress on strategic aspects that cross district council boundaries.
Regulation 18 Background documents
The Background Papers bring together and explain the approach taken in relation to bringing forward the Local Plan.
- Background Paper No 1 Spatial Strategy and Location of Development, August 2021
- Background Paper No 2 Housing, August 2021
- Background Paper No 3 Economy and Employment Land, August 2021
- Background Paper No 4 Green Belt Harm, August 2021
- Background Paper No 5 Infrastructure Delivery, August 2021
Regulation 18 Sustainability appraisal
Sustainability appraisal considers the ways by which the Plan can contribute to improvements in environmental, social and economic conditions, as well as a means of identifying and mitigating any potential adverse effects that the Plan might otherwise have.
- Ashfield Local Plan Sustainability Appraisal Consultation Draft Local Plan (Regulation 18) Sustainability Appraisal – The Sustainability Appraisal of the Local Plan to help guide the selection and development of policies and proposals. It incorporates the requirements of Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Regulations that the require that the likely significant effects on the environment of implementing the Plan, and the reasonable alternatives to it, are identified, described and evaluated
- Ashfield Local Plan Sustainability Appraisal Consultation Draft Local Plan (Regulation 18) Sustainability Appraisal Report: Non-Technical Summary - It provides an overview of the Sustainability Appraisal of the Draft Local Plan
- Appendix A - Quality assurance checklist and SEA definitions
- Appendix B - Scoping report consultation summary
- Appendix C - Review of plans and programmes
- Appendix D - Baseline
- Appendix E - Appraisal of housing growth options
- Appendix F - Appraisal of employment growth options
- Appendix G - Appraisal of strategic spatial options
- Appendix H - Appraisal of site alternatives
- Appendix I - Appraisal of spatial strategy policies
- Appendix J - Appraisal of development management policies
- Appendix K - Indicative monitoring indicators
- Appendix M - Sie scoring framework
- Appendix N - Definitions of significance
- Sustainability appraisal scoping report February 2020 [PDF 5Mb] - Sets out the basis of how we assess the environmental, social and economic effects of our plans and policies. Adopted in February 2020
- Sustainability appraisal scoping report appendix 2020 [PDF 529Kb]- Sets out the plans and programmes which informed the SA Scoping Report
- Sustainability appraisal scoping report consultation report: Sets out the responses to the consultation undertaken on the draft SA Scoping Report.
The current evidence base is available at Local Plan evidence base. Please note that the evidence base will change over time as studies are updated.