Free swimming for 5- to 17-year-olds at Lammas and Hucknall leisure centres
Health and wellbeing
The Ashfield Health and Wellbeing partnership is a local partnership which aims to encourage and provide opportunities for residents within the Ashfield area to lead a healthy, active lifestyle. This groups leads on the Be Healthy, Be Happy element of Discover Ashfield.
Key partners on the group include
- Active Notts
- Ashfield District Council
- Ashfield Voluntary Action
- Everyone Active
- Nottinghamshire County Council, Public Health
- NHS Mid Nottinghamshire Clinical Commissioning Group.
More information about the partnerships vision, aims and priorities can be found in the Active Ashfield Lifestyle Strategy 2017-2021, available in the related documents section of this page.
Key projects delivered by the partnership include:
- Feel Good Families - providing positive community based activities for families to play, smile and be active together
- Feel Good Food - providing opportunity for residents to build skills, knowledge and confidence to eat healthy.
- Ashfield and Mansfield Dementia Action Alliance - a local group which aims to improve the lives of local people living with dementia.
- Targeted health and wellbeing work - delivered in identified priority areas of the district based on health data with an aim to reduce health inequalities within the district. Current projects are being delivered in Coxmoor, Leamington and Broomhill areas.
We also run the Ashfield Talent Support Scheme which supports local athletes who have reached world, national and regional levels of performance to access fitness and swimming opportunities in the district.
Ways to get in touch with Ashfield Health and Wellbeing Partnership
For more information about Ashfield Health and Wellbeing Partnership, Discover Ashfield or to find out what local sport, physical activities and health opportunities are available for you to get involved in please contact:
Health and Wellbeing Manager
telephone: 01623 457465
Health and Wellbeing Officer