Statement of accounts and audit reports
We produce Statement of Accounts detailing how the money was spent by us for the financial year. This is accompanied by the external auditor’s report.
The external audit report expresses an opinion on whether the financial statements give a true and fair view of the financial position of us, our expenditure, and income for the year then ended; and have been prepared properly in accordance with the CIPFA/LASAAC Code of Practice on Local Authority Accounting in the United Kingdom.
Public Notice of appointment of auditor
Statement of accounts
Financial year 2021-2022
Delay in publishing audited Statement of Accounts: Year Ended 31 March 2022
Publication of Ashfield District Council Statement of Accounts and Audit Opinion
The external audit of the draft Statement of Accounts for the year ended 31 March 2022 has not yet been completed by our external auditors, Mazars LLP.
This situation is allowed for by Regulation 10, paragraph (2) of the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234) https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2015/234/regulation/10 , as amended by the Accounts and Audit (Amendment) Regulations 2022 (SI 2022/708) https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2022/708/regulation/2
This notification explains, as per Regulation 10 (2) (a), that we are not yet able to publish our audited 2021/22 Statement of Accounts in line with publication date of 30 November 2022, as per Regulation 10 (1). Ashfield District Council is continuing to work closely with the external auditor to ensure the required work is completed as soon as possible. In line with the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015, Ashfield District Council published a draft Statement of Accounts subject to audit on 31st July 2022 and the final audited Statement of Accounts for the year ended 31 March 2022 will be published as soon as the audit is concluded, and the Independent Auditor’s Report issued.
Corporate Finance Manager (& Section 151 Officer)
Ashfield District Council
Kirkby in Ashfield
Date: 30 November 2022
- Audit Delay 2021/22
Ashfield District Council Audit Delay Letter 2122 [PDF 107Kb]
- Draft Part 1 DRAFT Narrative 2021 2022 [PDF 7Mb]
- Draft Part 2 DRAFT GF And CAP Accessible [PDF 1Mb]
- Draft Part 3 DRAFT HRA And Cfl Accessible [PDF 598Kb]
- Draft Part 4 DRAFT Annual Governance Statement 2122 V3 [PDF 1Mb]
- Draft Part 5 DRAFT Glossary [PDF 173Kb]
Financial year 2020-2021
An unqualified audit opinion has been issued on the financial statements for the year ended 31 March 2021, the final audited financial statements are published below.
The audit certificate cannot be issued by the External Auditors, as they have not yet completed their work in respect of the Council’s value for money arrangements or their work on the Council’s Whole of Government Accounts submission, which will be completed at a later date.
- Audited Narrative Statement - 2020 to 2021 [PDF 2Mb]
- Audited Core Financial Statements [PDF 1Mb]
- Audited Supplementary Financial Statements [PDF 945Kb]
- Audited Annual Governance Statement 2020 to 2021 [PDF 3Mb]
- Audited Glossary of terms and abbreviations [PDF 229Kb]
- Delay in Publication of Audited Statement of Accounts 2020 to 2021 [PDF 82Kb]
- Inspection notice 2020 to 2021 [PDF 17Kb]
Financial year 2019-2020
- Annual completion report 2019 to 2020 (ISA260) [PDF 1Mb]
- Audit closure letter 2019 to 2020 [PDF 765Kb]
- Final audited Statement of Accounts 2019 to 2020 narrative statement [PDF 1Mb]
- Final audited Statement of Accounts 2019 to 2020 core financial statements [PDF 908Kb]
- Final audited Statement of Accounts 2019 to 2020 supplementary financial statements [PDF 459Kb]
- Final audited Statement of Accounts 2019 to 2020 annual governance statement [PDF 628Kb]
- Final audited statement of accounts 2019to 2020 glossary [PDF 233Kb]
- Publication of audited statement of accounts 2019 to 2020 [DOCX 12Kb]
- Public inspection notice 2019 to 2020 [PDF 109Kb]
Financial year 2018-2019
Financial year 2017-2018
Financial year 2016-2017
Financial year 2015-2016
Financial year 2014-2015
Financial year 2013-2014
If you need information on this page in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone: 01623 450000.