Legal information and public data
Legal services provide advice and assistance to officers, the Leader of the Council and Elected Members. It cannot, however provide legal advice to members of the public.
If you require independent legal advice you can contact:
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- The Law Centre - there is no Law Centre in Ashfield but other sources of advice can be found on the Law Centre Networks website
- a local firm of solicitors.
We have a legal obligation to make certain information available to the public. Here's what information we hold and how you can access it:
- Freedom of Information (FOI) - find out how to make a request. Before you make a request check our Publication Scheme
- Environmental Information Regulations 2004
- Data Protection Act 2018 and personal information we hold about you.
Our privacy notice tells you what to expect when we collect personal information.
Re-using information held by us
Most of the information we release will be subject to copyright protection. You are free to use any information supplied for your own use, including for non-commercial research purposes. The information may also be used for the purposes of news reporting.
However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information, using it for commercial purposes or issuing copies to the public will require our permission.
For more information about re-using our information or other questions relating to legal matters you can contact us by:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashfield District Council
Kirkby in Ashfield