Skip to sub navigation Skip to main content

Pollution from industry

Sometimes industrial processes can cause a nuisance or a more serious problem for those living, working, or visiting nearby. 

This might be: 

You can report many problems, or get advice on how to deal with them, online.

Contact us

If you cannot report an issue to us online you can contact us by: 

  • telephone: 01623 457184

Industrial permits

Under the Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations 2010, councils regulate certain types of industrial process that pose a risk of causing pollution to air, land or water and includes controlling noise. These premises are known as ‘installations’. Some are called ‘Part B’ installations, and councils can only deal with air pollution from them. Councils also regulate ‘Part A2’ installations which pose a risk of causing air, land, water and noise pollution. 

The Part B regime is known as Local Air Pollution Prevention and Control (LAPPC), and the A2 regime as Local Authority Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control(LA – IPPC). 

See the register in the related documents section of this web page for a list of companies permitted by us.