Special event trading
A special event trading consent is given to an event organiser where the public will have access and they are intending to make a commercial gain.
There are a number of conditions on the consent:
- traders cannot remain at the location beyond the duration of the event
- traders must be invited by the event organiser
- food traders must have a valid Food Hygiene Certificate
- traders must have current electrical and gas safety certificates for their stalls, units or vehicles where appropriate
- traders must have Public Liability Insurance (to a minimum of £5,000,000
- traders must show the person running the stall has a valid right to work in the UK
- if the event is on council-owned parks or spaces traders are not providing similar goods or services offered by a permanent businesses on the site during their opening hours.
Traders selling alcohol or selling hot food and drinks after 11pm must submit a Temporary Event Notice to comply with the Licensing Act 2003.
Special event trading consents allow for up to 4 traders. If 5 or more traders will be attending a Private Market Licence is needed.
Apply for a special event trading consent
You will need to download the application pack from this page, complete it and send it back to us with any supporting documentation and payment.
There is a cost of £30 per trader. You can pay by debit or credit card.
The consent will only be valid for the duration of the event. If granted we'll let you know by post and enclose the consents. These must be clearly displayed by the traders at the event.
If your event is non-profit and is raising money for a charity or community organisation you should apply for a community and charity event trading consent.
Other ways to contact us about the consent
If you have questions about the consent or applying you can contact us by:
- online form
- telephone: 01623 457589
- email: email@example.com