Housing Service Standards
We aim to provide a responsive and improving service. To keep the quality of our service high, we have a set of standards that we aim to meet when providing a service.
What to expect
- provide a full written response to complaints within 10 working days
- endeavour to answer 90% of your calls within 5 rings
- if you email our Customer Services email boxes, ensure that you receive an acknowledgement the same day and a response within 3 working days
- visit all new tenants within 6 to 8 weeks of moving in to make sure they have settled in and are satisfied with their new home
- review your completed housing application with 10 working days of receiving it
- inspect all Ashfield District Council estates and neighbourhoods at least once a year
- refer serious ASB and domestic abuse to the Community Safety Team within one working day
- monitor and regularly review our performance, actively involving tenants in this process - every 2 months
- attend to an emergency repair where there is likely to be danger to life or limb, or major damage to your home, or surrounding homes, within 24 hours
- always endeavour to give you 28 days’ notice before carrying out any major works to your property
- ensure that all tenanted properties with a domestic heating system will receive an annual gas safety check.