Small Business Rate Relief
Some small businesses can get relief to help them reduce the number of rates they need to pay through small business rate relief.
For Small Business Rate Relief a business must:
- occupy one business property in England with a rateable value below £15,000
- occupy one business property with a rateable value below £15,000, together with others whose rateable values are below £2,900, and when added together, the total rateable value does not exceed £20,000
- all rate bills for businesses with rateable values below £51,000 will be calculated using the lower multiplier irrespective of how many properties they occupy
Businesses with rateable values below £12,000 will have 100% relief. Rateable values between £12,000 and £15,000 will receive a percentage reduction on a sliding scale of between 0 and 100%.
Businesses that take on an additional property which would normally have meant the loss of small business rate relief will be allowed to keep that relief for 12 months.
If you are receiving relief and continue to be eligible you will not need to reapply for the relief annually.
Apply for Small Business Rate Relief
You can apply for Small Business Rate Relief online.
You can also use this form to let us know about a change in your circumstances, or to renew your Small Business Rate Relief.
If you cannot apply online you can apply by requesting a form to be emailed to you (in Word format), from the email address below. To complete the form you will need information about your business as well as your business premises and their rateable value.
You can request forms from:
- email: email@example.com.
Other ways to contact us about Small Business Rate Relief
If you have questions about business rates, or paying your business rates, you can contact us by:
- online form:
- telephone: 01623 457200
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org