Notice of Parking Order Consultation - Have your say!
We manage 18 off street car parks in the district. Of these 8 are free to park in, and the other 10 are either long or short stay pay and display car parks.
Parking in Ashfield
All our car parks are clearly signed and show what type of parking is available. Information about charges and where to pay is also clearly signed in each car park.
We make sure our car parks are well maintained, well lit, clean, safe and secure as well as in line with current parking regulations. We regularly visit our car parks to enforce charges.
Marked bays are available for Blue Badge holders in most of our car parks. All vehicles need to be parked fully within a bay where spaces have been marked.
Vehicles are parked entirely at owners risk and we accept no responsibility for loss or damage to vehicles or their contents however caused.
Penalty Charge Notices (PCN) can be issued to vehicles parked in contravention of the regulations.
Where are our car parks?
You can find our car parks in:
- Sutton-in-Ashfield (7 car parks)
- Hucknall (4 car parks)
- Kirkby-in-Ashfield (5 car parks)
- Jacksdale (1 car park)
- Huthwaite (1 car park.
See our car parks on an interactive map:
How much does it cost to park?
Information about charges and where to pay is displayed in each car park. We accept payment by cash at the pay and display machines with no change is given. You can also PayByPhone.
Parking charges apply every day (including Good Friday) between 8am and 6pm. There is no charge on Bank Holidays.
Motorcycles and vehicles displaying a Blue Badge can park in any bay free of charge. Season tickets are available. No overnight parking is allowed.
As well as the pay and display machines you can now pay for your parking in our car parks with your mobile phone.
Why should you use PayByPhone?
- no need to worry about having the right change on you
- no need to go on the hunt for the nearest Pay and Display machine
- no need to display a ticket in your vehicle
- get text message reminders sent to your phone before your parking runs out
- no need to rush back to your vehicle – you can extend your parking session from your phone.
You can download the app to register or register online to pay for your parking from your mobile phone.
Payments can then be made by:
- telephone: 0115 8720250
- text (SMS): 65565.
Each car park has its own unique location number to be quoted when paying. Please see signs for more information or follow the link to see the list of locations on the PayByPhone website.
The PayByPhone service includes the following features:
- optional SMS reminders and receipts
- email receipts
- VAT receipts
- countdown timer on the app
- the option to extend parking (within parking restrictions)
- multiple vehicles and cards added on to one account.
Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)
If you are found to be breaking the rules for parking in our car parks you can be given a Penalty Charge Notice, also called a PCN.
PCNs can be issued to vehicles parked in contravention of the regulations. Depending on the contravention they can be at 2 different levels:
- £50 reduced to £25 if paid within 14 days, after issue of Charge Certificate rises to £75
- £70 reduced to £35 if paid within 14 days, after issue of Charge Certificate, rises to £105.
Pay a PCN
If you have received a Penalty Charge Notice you can pay it on the Nottinghamshire County Council website.