Leaving the Armed Forces and homelessness
We prioritise former and serving members of the armed forces and reserve forces applying for a council home through Homefinder.
We'll assess your housing needs and will prioritise you for a home if you are:
- a serving member of the regular forces suffering from a serious injury, illness or disability which is wholly or partly attributable to your service
- a former member of the regular forces
- an existing or former member of the reserve forces suffering from a serious injury, illness, or disability which is wholly or partly attributable to your service
- a bereaved spouse or civil partner of those serving in the regular forces who has recently ceased or will soon cease to be entitled to reside in Ministry of Defence accommodation following the death of their service spouse or civil partner, where the death was wholly or partly attributable to their service.
As well as using the Homefinder website to register and apply for housing you can contact us in the following way:
- telephone: 01623 457252 (8,30am to 5pm).
No Homeless Veterans
No Homeless Veterans is a national campaign to support ex-Armed Forces and their families to access housing and other services.
Veterans UK leads on this work and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can contact them in the following ways:
- website: Veterans UK
- telephone: 0808 802 1212
- text to receive a call back: 81212
If you are leaving or have left the armed forces and need housing advice contact us by:
- telephone: 01623 457252