Local employment news and jobs fairs
The Budget and Spending Review 2021 UK GDP took place on 27 October 2021. Amongst the positive news real wages have increased by 3.4% compared to 2020.
The minimum wage for people aged 23 and over will increase from £8.91 to £9.50 per hour on 1 April 2022. This is branded as the National Living Wage by the government; however, this is separate to the Real Living Wage, an independently calculated rate based on cost of living. Still, the gap between the governments National Living Wage and the Real Living Wage is closing.
The number of claimants in Ashfield continues to reduce, falling by 35 people in October 2022 compared to September 2022. We now have 2860 unemployed, which is 3.61% of our working age population. This equates to overall decrease of 1.05% or 970 people since October 2021.
- 7 February 2023: Arnold Apprenticeship and Jobs Fair, 1pm to 5pm, Civic Centre, Arnot Hill Park, Arnold, Nottingham, NG5 6LU
- 24 February 2023: Derby Jobs Fair, 10am to 1pm,Pride Park Stadium, Derby, DE24 8XL
- 19 April 2023: Nottingham Careers Fair, 10am to 2pm, Albert Hall Conference Centre, Nottingham, NG1 5AA
- 21 April 2023: Nottingham Jobs Fair, 10am to 1pm, Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham, NG1 1LA
- 27 April 2023: Derby Jobs Fair, 10am to 1pm, Pride Park Stadium, Derby, DE24 8XL
- 6 October 2023: Ashfield Careers Fair, Kirkby Leisure Centre, Kirkby in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, NG17 7DJ
You can also download the 10Times App for free which lists nearby jobs fairs, business events, trade shows, conferences in the UK and overseas via your tablet or mobile device.
You can also download the Eventbrite App for free which also allows you to search and set alerts to be notified on certain types of events.
Ashfield District Council business support team monitors economic intelligence from several sources, these are:
- website: Midlands Engine Observatory - Latest Reports
- website: Midlands Engine Intelligence Hub
- website: D2N2 Dashboard
- website: Nottinghamshire County Council Employment Bulletin
- website: Nomis – Official Labour Market Statistics