Postal vote opener - role description
We have a number of roles which need to be filled to help an election to take place. These are in addition to members of our staff who will support an election. Find out what is involved in the postal vote opener role.
To open postal voting packs as directed by the Postal Vote Opening supervisor and Deputy Returning Officer.
Duties and responsibilities
- arrive at the session on time, ready to be briefed
- keep to all instructions from the supervisor
- follow the instructions for opening postal votes as per the instructions given to you by the team
- help with any close down administrative procedures as directed
- make sure the ballot is kept secret at all times including keeping ballot papers face down and not making comments on social media
- carry out other postal vote opening duties as required.
As well as the duties listed, you may be asked to take on other administrative tasks appropriate with your pay level.
- have good communication skills and the ability to follow instructions
- have good administration skills and attention to detail
- have good numerical skills be a team player
- and have a flexible attitude be punctual and reliable.
- Previous experience as a Postal Vote Opener is desirable.