Skip to sub navigation Skip to main content
Wildflowers and poppies with willow tree and blue skies behind

Titchfield Park, Hucknall

Titchfield Park is an award winning Green Flag Park located 10 minutes’ walk away from Hucknall Town Centre.

The park covers approximately 24 acres and includes provision for a range of formal sports and recreational activities. Informal recreation opportunities include a skate park, youth area and children’s playground as well as ball courts.

The park contains two listed monuments and an original shelter designed by local architect T.C. Howitt, who also designed the Council House in Nottingham.

What you'll find at Titchfield Park, Hucknall

Titchfield Park in Hucknall has been awarded the Green Flag and has these amenities: 

  • Pavilion building including, toilets and changing rooms for sports teams
  • Park Café – check Facebook for opening times
  • Boat House (heritage asset)
  • Zachariah Green Monument (listed)
  • war memorial (listed)
  • Bowls Club House
  • floodlit 5-a-side synthetic pitch - booking required (email
  • bowling green - home of Titchfield Park Bowls Club 
  • bee garden
  • brook and wildflower meadow
  • multi use games area
  • play area - play trail next to café
  • youth area with skate park
  • football pitches (email
  • cricket pitch
  • car parks
  • free dog poo bags (find them in the tiks pack at the park entrance)
  • Hucknall junior parkrun. 

Car parking

The main car park is off Park Drive. There is a second car park off Morven Avenue. 

Park history

Titchfield Park was created when the Duke of Portland gave 11 acres of land, then known as Caddow Park, to the town of Hucknall in 1914, in honour of the 21st birthday of his son, The Marquis of Titchfield.

A further 13 acres were added when the Hucknall Miners Welfare Committee decided to further the development of Titchfield Park from funds raised to provide facilities for the local miners.

The original brief of the committee was that the park should be set out to provide for cricket, football, bowls and tennis courts with trees, shrubs and flowers planted all around. The design, drawn up by J.W. Bardill, also included a bandstand, tearooms, a pavilion, shelters and a caretaker's lodge.

The works were held up by the outbreak of the First World War and the Marquis finally performed the opening ceremony in July 1922.


Park Drive
NG15 7LJ

Contact information

To book an event on the park or to request a booking form please email or call 01623 457092

For sports and pitch bookings please call 01623 457092 / 457410 or email

Opening hours

Check the Park Cafe Facebook page for their opening times