Community growing grant scheme
We want to support local community organisations that are involved in providing opportunities such as community growing, green social prescribing and allotment projects within Ashfield.
For this, we will distribute £5000 of UKSPF funding, to local organisations within Ashfield, in small grants of £500.
Items covered by the grant
Examples of how the money could be spent include buying equipment, seeds/plants, venue hire, transport, and staff/volunteer training (this is not a definitive list, we would love to hear your ideas!)
All grant payments will be paid by BACS as soon as all necessary processes are completed e.g. setting up of new accounts.
Organisations will be asked to confirm their organisation type (i.e. charity status and legal structure) on the application form.
Please note: Businesses and individuals are ineligible for this fund.
There will however be growing packs available for interested residents. If you would like to receive one of these, please email email@example.com to express your interest in receiving more information once it is available.
How to apply
To apply, you will need the following to complete the application:
- Proof of your organisation authenticity
- Copies of your organisation's equal opportunities policy, safeguarding statement and insurance cover
- An overview of how you plan to spend the money if successful
- Bank details for your organisation.
- Please complete the online application form (you need to have everything ready to complete the whole form, as it cannot be saved and completed at a later date):
- Please refer to the General Data Protection Regulation/Privacy Notice statement for information about how we will use your data.
- Please acknowledge our grant aid in your annual report, in your accounts and in any publicity or other written material you produce about the activities we are funding.
- Please retain all your receipts, record details of all your expenditure and project outcomes, as we will require you to complete a short monitoring form at a later date.
Applications open from 1 October 2023, and will be open until all funds have been allocated. Applications are on a first come, first served basis.
If you need any further information or support with this application, please contact us: