Cemetery and burial costs
There is a cost to burials at our cemeteries, and for services at our 2 chapels, as well as for headstones and other monuments.
If you have a cremation at Mansfield and District Crematorium there is a separate cost to this, as well as any services you may have from a funeral director.
Burial or interment of remains for stillborns, non-viable foetus or children from birth to under 16 is free of charge
- adult grave - £814
- double adult grave (not available at Hucknall) - £849
- triple adult grave (only available at Kingsway New) - £930
- interment of cremated remains - £232
- scattering of ashes - £93.
Where interment is for a non-Ashfield resident the cost is doubled.
Service and paperwork costs
- use of chapel - £232 (£464 where service is for a non-Ashfield resident)
- late arrival at cemetery (more than 30 minutes late) - £116
- late arrival of paperwork - £30 - we must received paperwork by 10am no more than 2 days before internment
- Family tree and genealogy searches (per name/per grave) - £30.
Headstone and monument costs
- headstone (not exceeding 3 foot X 2 foot 6 inches) - £268
- headstone (not exceeding 3 foot X 2 foot 6 inches - Cremated remains area) - £268
- vase (under 8 inches high) - £163
- vase (over 8 inches high) - £210
- additional inscription on existing headstone - £105
- memorial tree - £177.
You can buy exclusive rights of burial for a plot in our cemeteries. The rights last for 75 years and cost:
- adult grave - £1046
- child grave (in child section of cemetery) - free
- cremated remains - £581
- Transfer of rights of burial where plot is not being re-opened or memorial installed - £30.
Where the exclusive rights of burial are for a non-Ashfield resident the cost is doubled.
We can carry out family tree or genealogy searches for you on graves and memorials in our cemeteries. A search costs £26 per name or grave.