The Sutton Town Centre Spatial Masterplan aims to provide a high-level framework for future investment and development which maximises the opportunities for Sutton and capitalises on its existing assets. In particular it:
- Provides a consensus and common understanding of Sutton Town Centre as a place – its character and identity.
- Establishes a clear Vision for Sutton Town Centre to guide its development and improvements to 2029.
- Provides clear design principles for subsequent new development / projects with an emphasis on sustainability.
- Identifies sites and building where redevelopment and improvements will be encouraged.
- Aims to improve links to and within the Town Centre for pedestrians, cyclists and public transport users.
- Sets out how developments/projects and initiatives could be delivered, who would be involved in delivery, how they might be funded and by what mechanism.
- Provides an evidence base for the emerging Local Plan.