Skip to sub navigation Skip to main content

Towns Fund

Kirkby and Sutton town centres are set to receive a huge financial boost.

For further information on the Towns Fund and information about the Towns Fund Board (Discover Ashfield) which is overseeing the Towns Fund work visit the DiscoverAshfield website. This includes:

  • dates of meetings
  • agendas and minutes
  • membership of the Board
  • map showing the area in which projects can be funded
  • and other information. 

What is the Towns Fund?

The Government is making £3.6bn available to regenerate over 100 towns across the UK. Sutton in Ashfield and Kirkby in Ashfield have been chosen as 2 of the towns to receive funding. Each town is set to receive up to £25m of investment.

The Government has set out the 3 areas of regeneration the Towns Fund will focus on:

  • urban regeneration, planning and land use
  • skills and enterprise infrastructure
  • digital and transport connectivity. 

The public consultation closed at the end of May 2020. Thank you to everyone that completed the surveys.

One winner from each survey was presented with their prize. To take a look at the presentations to winners see our Facebook page

What happens now?

Progress is continuing on our Towns Fund submission for Kirkby and Sutton, we have been collating feedback from stakeholders, together with the information provided by residents to shape the investment plan that will be submitted to Government later this year. 

You can see the summary of how people voted in the related documents section of this web page. 

The Investment Plan will be a 10-15 year plan, providing a sound basis for future investment. Not all of the projects included in the plan will be funded through the Towns Fund, we will work with the government to identify which projects best fit the criteria for the fund and provide value for money, and identify alternative funding sources for other projects.

Ways to contact us about the Towns Fund

If you require any clarification regarding the consultation you can contact us by: