The Food Safety Team at Ashfield District Council are responsible for ensuring that all food sold within the district of Ashfield is "fit" for the consumer to eat.
We do this by:
- Carrying out food hygiene inspections to ensure any premises that stores, prepares, produces, cooks or sells food complies with strict hygiene standards and legislation.
- Participating in a national food and environmental sampling programmes
- Investigating confirmed cases of food poisoning
- Investigating complaints about poor hygiene practices
- Investigating complaints about unfit food.
Please see here for further information about what types of complaints we investigate