URGENT MESSAGE TO BUSINESSES / TRADERS / LICENCE HOLDERS & THE GENERAL PUBLIC:
The revised Health Protection (Coronavirus, Business Closure) (England) Regulations 2020 came into force at 14:00 hours on 26th March 2020. The following businesses are now required not to sell food or drink for consuming on the premises (this includes external areas where seating is provided – but not to any takeaway provisions offered) (this is not the full list of businesses as this list relates to venues where a licence / permit / registration is in force):
- Restaurants (save for food delivery and takeaway services), including restaurants and dining rooms in hotels or members clubs.
- Cafes, including workplace canteens, but not including:
- cafes or canteens at a hospital, care home or school;
- prison and military canteens;
- services providing food or drink to the homeless.
- Bars, including bars in hotels or members’ clubs.
The following businesses must remain closed:
- Public houses (save for provision of food delivery / takeaway services off-sales of alcohol).
- Bingo halls, Betting Shops, Casinos.
- Concert halls, Theatres, Cinemas (though live streaming via of a performance by a small group is permitted if social distancing is observed).
- Museums and galleries.
- Betting shops.
- Massage parlours.
- Hair, Beauty, Nail Salons
- Tattoo, Piercing Parlours
- Gyms, Fitness Studios, Leisure Centres, Sports Courts, Sports Pitches.
- Arcades, Bowling Alleys, Soft Play Centres.
- Skating rinks.
- Outdoor and Indoor Markets (save for grocery and food).
- Street Trading (save for food stalls).
The closure lasts until further notice. The legislation supporting these instuctions can be found here.
Businesses found not to be adhering to the above closure requirement may face significant enforcement measures (unlimited fine and the possible loss of any licence held).
Please adhere to the closure request, as your health, the health of your friends and family, and the health of everyone is of utmost importance during these difficult times. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
PLEASE NOTE: SINCE MONDAY 23RD MARCH 2020 THE COUNCIL OFFICES HAVE BEEN CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST NEED TO BE SUBMITTED EITHER ELECTRONICALLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org;
OR POSTED TO: LICENSING TEAM, COUNCIL OFFICES, KIRKBY IN ASHFIELD, NOTTINGHAMSHIRE, NG17 8DA.
FOR FURTHER ADVICE PLEASE CALL: 01623 457589 / 01623 457364 / 01623 457513 - IF A TELEPHONE IS NOT ANSWERED PLEASE TRY ONE OF THE ALTERNATIVE NUMBERS, OR EMAIL US AT: email@example.com
We apologise for any inconvenience this causes our customers, however, we do appreciate your understanding at this difficult time.
The Licensing Act 2003 is in place to regulate the sale / supply of alcohol, the provision of "regulated" entertainment, and the provision of late night refreshment.