Club Premises Certificate

The status of a qualifying club is recognised as being different from other commercially run licensed premises, like pubs, which are run for commercial gain.

The Licensing Act 2003 recognises that certain clubs, such as working men's clubs, social clubs, sporting clubs, political clubs etc, are generally organisations where members join together for a particular social, sporting or political purpose and then pool funds to buy alcohol in bulk by and for its members. Public access to the activities at a recognised club is restricted and the alcohol is supplied other than for profit. This gives rise to different licensing issues and affords clubs special treatment outside the normal premises licence arrangements.

Clubs which meet specified criteria set out in the Licensing Act 2003 are called 'qualifying clubs' and the authority under which they may conduct qualifying club activities, including the supply of alcohol, is known as a club premises certificate.

The certificate will be of unlimited duration unless otherwise requested.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate in contacting a member of the Licensing Team.