Club Premises Certificate Application

 The application must be made to the relevant Licensing Authority within whose area the club premises is situated.  To apply for a Club Premises Certificate within this District the following will need to be posted to the Licensing Team:

  • A completed application form.
  • A completed club declaration form.
  • A plan of the premises.
  • The application fee.

A copy of the completed application form, the plan and the completed club declaration form must also be forwarded to all the Responsible Authorities on the same day that the application is made to the Licensing Team.

You will then need to advertise the application in the local press and display a notice at or on the club premises, full details of the requirements are set out in the Department for Culture, Media & Sport guidance. The purpose of advertising the application is to enable persons who live or who have businesses in the vicinity of your premises to make relevant representations to the Licensing Team about your proposals - these persons are called Interested Parties.

In addition to Interested Parties, any of the Responsible Authorities also have the right to make relevant representations.

Relevant representations are those which relate to one or more of the 4 licensing objectives and they must not be frivolous or vexatious.

If no relevant representations are received your certificate will be granted and it will state what activities are permitted on your premises.  The certificate consists of a summary and a full certificate.  The summary must be displayed in a prominent position at the premises at all times.

Online Applications

Will Tacit Consent Apply?

Yes, after thirty three consecutive days provided application forms and relevant documents are received by the Licensing Authority, Nottinghamshire Police and/or other Responsible Authorities where applicable, and there are no representations which would lead to a hearing taking place.

Apply for a new club premises certificate.

Apply for a declaration for a club premises certificate.

Tell us about a change to your existing details or club rules.

Application for a variation to club premises certificate.

To make a annual payment for a club certificate.

Online application

Will Tacit Consent apply?

No. It is in the public interest that the authority must process your Minor Variation application before it can be granted.

Please contact Licensing for an Application Form

Trade Associations

Federation of Licensed Victuallers Associations (FLVA)


If you have any queries please do not hesitate in contacting a member of the Licensing Team.