To be recognised as a qualifying club in relation to qualifying club activities a number of general conditions must be met.
- there must be an interval of at least two days between a member's nomination or application for membership and his admission to the club.
- the club must be established and conducted in good faith as a club (this involves consideration of details such as club finances and alcohol purchase procedure).
- there must be at least 25 members.
- alcohol is supplied to members on the premises on behalf of the club.
- the purchase and supply of alcohol is managed by a committee of elected members aged over 18 years.
- no individual may receive a commission or similar payment at the expense of the club with reference to the club's alcohol purchases.
- no individual may receive financial benefit from the supply of alcohol to members or guests apart from to benefit the club as a whole.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate in contacting a member of the Licensing Team.