Organising a street party or fete

Street Parties and Fetes are a traditional part of community life; they are a simple way for us to get to know our neighbours and meet members of our community. Should you wish to organise a Summer Fete, or Street Party please read the guidance information attached to the links below. 

Your Guide to Organising a Party or Fete.

Can Do Guide

FAQs and checklist

Ashfield District Council Licensing Team must also be notified to give any guidance for any licensing matters relating to the event, should you be intending to provide any of the following:

  • Sale of Alcohol
  • Provision of Entertainment to an audience (Music, Dance, Films, Plays, etc)
  • Traders selling Food and Drink
  • Sale of Raffle Tickets.

If you require further information or advice, please contact Ashfield District Council Licensing Team.

Road Closures

Please note if you need to close the road in order to hold the event, notice must be given well in advance, to the Highways Section at Nottinghamshire County Council, West Bridgford, telephone 0300 500 8080.

Nottinghamshire County Council usually meet obligations to place details on the works and event register at least three months in advance, to co-ordinate road closures with other planned activities, but may also accept shorter notice periods where the events can be accommodated.

Registering a event affecting public roads or pavements.

Nottinghamshire County Council.

Useful links