You can report suspected Housing Benefit fraud in various ways:
Contact the National Benefit Fraud Hotline on 0800 854 440. Your call is free and confidential you do not have to give your name and address. Lines are open Monday to Friday 8.00am to 6.00pm.
If you have speech or hearing problems you can use a text phone service on 0800 328 0512.
National Benefit Fraud Hotline
Mail Handling Site A
The information they will need to investigate a suspected fraud will include:
- name and address of suspect
- what they look like
- what kind of car they drive (vehicle registration if known)
- type of fraud for example: working, undisclosed capital
- if working, do you know who they work for? What time of day they leave for work
- if undisclosed partner in the household they will need details of the partner - name, description, are they employed etc
You can also write to the Council at:
Revenues Section, Ashfield District Council, Urban Road, Kirkby in Ashfield, Nottingham NG17 8DA.