Feel Good Food is a health and wellbeing project delivered by Ashfield District Council in partnership with:
In its First year of delivery (2019/20) Feel Good Food aimed to build confidence, knowledge and awareness to eat healthy as well as encouraging people to buy food locally, supporting local businesses and market traders, with a particular focus on the Sutton area. This was a great success and also identified a need to create a stronger approach to reducing food poverty within the district of Ashfield.
Feel Good Food has now formed a local district food group which is currently represented by the above name partners who represent some of our local food banks provding food parcels and provisions to our most vulnerable residents.
Over the next year Feel good Food aims to:
- Create a collaborative approach to attract funding to support food poverty in Ashfield
- Investigate opportunties to work with community allotments to increase donations of fresh food to food banks and reduce food waste
- Create social opportunties for individuals to build their skills, knowledge and confidence to eat a healthy diet as well as reducing isolation
- Improve partnerships with local businesses and supermarkets in the donation of food locally
- Support the implmentation of National and local food initiatives within the district of Ashfield
If you would like more information about Feel Good Food or feel that you may be able to support our work, please contact Dianne Holmes, Health and Wellbeing Officer 01623 457233 or email healthandwellbeing@Ashfield.gov.uk
This includes simple, easy to follow recipes created by Change 4 Life to provide an opportunity for people to have a go at cooking at home.
Further recipes and information about healthy eating are also available to view at www.nhs.uk/change4life
Healthy Options Takeaway (HOT)
Many local takeaways are accredited by HOT which means they have looked at their menus and cooking methods to provide a healthier choice for you.
For more information and to the list of accredited takeaways in Ashfield visit the Council's HOT web page