The JUS-t (Selston) Neighbourhood Development Plan is made under Section 38A(4) of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004 and forms part of the Development Plan for the Neighbourhood Area. (Development plans are defined in Section 38 (3) of the Act).
A referendum was held on 12th October 2017 where more than 50% of the persons voting supported Ashfield District Council using the Neighbourhood Plan for Selston to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area. Under the provisions of the Neighbourhood Plan Act 2017, the Plan came into force once it was approved at the referendum. In accordance with the legislative requirements, the Council subsequently made the Plan on 7th November 2017.
Paper copies of the Decision Statement and JUS-T (Selston) Neighbourhood Development Plan can be viewed, during the opening hours, at:
- Ashfield District Council, Urban Road, Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottingham, NG17 8DA.
- Selston Parish Council, The Parish Hall, Mansfield Road, Selston, Nottinghamshire, NG16 6EE. Tel: 01773 812012 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Selston Library, Matthew Holland Complex, Chapel Road, Selston, Nottinghamshire, NG16 6BW. Tel: 01773 810093.
- Jacksdale Library, Selston Road, Jacksdale, Nottinghamshire, NG16 5LF. Tel: 01773 605612
A referendum on the JUS-T (Selston) Neighbourhood Plan will be held on 12th October 2017.
The referendum enables the local community to decide whether the Neighbourhood Plan will be adopted as part of the development plan and be used to determine planning applications in the area.
The question that the referendum has to ask by legislation is:
"Do you want Ashfield District Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Selston to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?"
The Referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures, which are similar to those used at local government elections. Anybody registered to vote in the area covered by your Neighbourhood Plan will be entitled to vote. A simple majority of votes (over 50% of those voting) in favour of your Neighbourhood Plan is sufficient for it to come into effect.
The following information is available below in relation to the Plan:
Paper copies of these documents are available at:
- Ashfield District Council, Council Offices, Urban Road, Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottingham, NG17 8DA. Monday to Thursday 8.30 am to 5.00pm and Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm
- Selston Parish Council, The Parish Hall, Mansfield Road, Selston, Nottingham, NG16 6EE. Selston Parish Council. Office hours are Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 3.00 pm.
- Selston Library, Chapel Road, Selston, Nottingham, NG16 6BW. Opening hours are Monday 2.00pm to 6.00 pm, Wednesday 9.30 am to 4.00 pm, Friday 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm and Saturday 9.30 am to 12.30 pm.
- Jacksdale Library, Selston Road, Jacksdale, Nottingham, NG16 5LF. Opening hours are Monday 1.30 pm to 5.00pm, Thursday 1.30 pm to 6.00 pm and Saturday 9.30 am to 12.30 pm.
Further information on the referendum is available on the Council’s Election page on the Neighbourhood Plan.
On 16th August 2017 Ashfield District Council agreed to proceed to referendum on the draft JUS-T (Selston) Neighbourhood Plan. The Council’s Decision Statement can be read below:
At the Referendum, if more than 50% of the person voting approve the Plan, the Plan will be utilised for the determination of relevant planning applications in the Neighbourhood Plan Area.
The area that the Referendum takes place has been extended to include the whole the Parish which came into effect from 1st December 2016.
Under the Neighbourhood Plan Act 2017 The Neighbourhood Plan is deemed to be a post referendum plan and is a material consideration in a relevant planning application in the Neighbourhood Plan Area.
EXAMINATION OF THE SUBMITTED NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
The Independent Examiner, Christopher Collison BA (Hons) MBA MRTPI MIED MCMI IHBC of Planning and Management Ltd, has produced his report which was receive by the Council on 12th July 2017. You can read the Examiner's Report below:
(The submitted draft Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents are set out below under ‘Submitted Proposed Neighbourhood Plan and supporting Documentation’.)
SUBMITTED PROPOSED NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION
The submitted proposed neighbourhood plan includes the following:
(Please click on the document to access the submitted documents)
Ashfield District Council Legal Compliance Check and Decision Statement is available on the link below:
Should you have any queries please contact Forward Planning on 01623 457381 or email email@example.com
Further information on the Selston Neighbourhood Plan is available on the JUS.T website (Jacksdale, Underwood Selston Tomorrow).
Contact details for Selston Parish Council
Address: Lisa Simpson, Clerk to the Council, Selston Parish Council, Council Office, Parish Hall, Mansfield Road, Selston, Nottinghamshire, NG16 6EE.
Telephone: 01773 812012
PREVIOUS STAGES OF THE NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
Designation of the Selston Neighbourhood Area
Relevant body who applied for the designation - Selston Parish Council
- 17th September 2013 - Application by Selston Parish Council for the designation of the Selston Neighbourhood Area comprising the whole of the Parish of Selston.
- 16th October 2013 to 29th November 2013 - Consultation on the Neighbourhood Area application for the Parish of Selston.
- 12th December 2013 - Designation of the Selston Neighbourhood Area by Ashfield District Council.
The area was not designated as a business area under Section 61H of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
The statement explaining why the area was considered appropriate to be designated and the designated plan area can be access below:
CONSULTATION ON THE SUBMITTED JUS -T (SELSTON) PROPOSED NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN - 28th APRIL 2017 to 12th JUNE 2017 (Now closed)
Selston Parish Council and Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group have prepared a proposed Neighbourhood Plan, which has been submitted to Ashfield District Council in accordance with Regulation 15 of the Town and Country Planning England Neighbour Planning (General) Regulations 2012, as amended.
Selston Parish Council and the Steering Group undertook consultations on earlier drafts of their Plan and comments made helped to inform changes to the proposed Plan now submitted to Ashfield District Council.
Strategic Environmental Assessment Screening Report
The Council has undertaken a Strategic Environmental Assessment Screening Report of the Pre Submission Consultation Neighbourhood Plan. After consultation with the relevant statutory agencies (the Environment Agency, Natural England and Historic England) the Council has determined that a strategic environmental assessment of the Neighbourhood Plan is not required. As such, it is the opinion of Ashfield District Council that the Selston Parish Council JUS-T Neighbourhood Plan is in accordance with the provisions of European Directive 2001/42/EC as incorporated into United Kingdom law by the Environmental Assessment of Plans and Programmes Regulations 2004.
The SEA Screening Report sets out the Council’s determination and includes a statement of the reasons for reaching that determination.