Dispensations are short term parking permits (up to 14 days) for vehicles parking on streets with parking restrictions such as residents parking schemes and single yellow lines etc.
Ashfield District Council can offer short term on-street parking dispensations to business and trade persons where there is a requirement to park in a restricted area to carry out work activities.
There is currently no charge for a short term dispensation to be issued by Ashfield District Council
The Council will require a minimum of 5 working days notice to process a dispensation request
Terms and Conditions of Use of a Temporary Dispensation Notice
Written application for dispensation must be made to the Council's parking manager. This can be done online or by completing and returning an application form.
- Ashfield District Council reserves the right to remove/deactivate any dispensation without notice.
- Use is limited to agreed locations approved by an authorised officer.
- Dispensations are vehicle registration specific and must be clearly and visibly displayed inside the windscreen at all times.
- The dispensation will stipulate on which street/restriction and at what times it is applicable. The dispensation does not permit parking anywhere else and will not guarantee a parking space in limited/residential parking places.
- Unless there are significant extenuating circumstances discretionary dispensations will not be issued for continuous periods in excess of 14 days
- Dispensations will not be issued for locations where there is any possible danger to pedestrian or highway safety.
Failure to comply with the above terms and conditions will result in a penalty charge notice being issued for the relevant contravention.
If you require any advice or further information please contact the Parking Manager: