Privacy notice for Business Support - Economic Development (ED)
This privacy notice explains what information Economic Development - Business Support collects, the purposes for which it is collected and who we share the information with.
Purpose for processing your information:
The Business Support service in Economic Development collects information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
To contact you from time to time via email, newsletters, postal letters, face to face or telephone to:
- promote the services that we offer
- for the provision of market intelligence on the local economy, tendering opportunities with the council and other council services
- provide updates on business news and forthcoming events
- consult on future activities and developments, including
We collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email
- name of business
- industry sector and size of organisation (SME or large)
- commercial challenges currently being experienced. This information is only used for the above intended
We will also request written consent prior to making any professional introductions to our partners. We may also use your information for another purpose if it has a legal duty to do so, this includes for the prevention and detection of fraud, or if there is a risk of serious harm or threat to life.
How do we collect your information?
We collect information in several ways, for example, by letter, email, face-to-face, telephone, online forms and through our business support webpages or during online business support meetings.
Who do we share this information with?
This data is not shared with any third parties; however, it can be shared with central government if it is part of statutory monitoring or reporting requirement related to UKSPF business support projects or grants.
How long do we keep your information?
Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use.
Your rights and access to your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
The UK General Data Protection Regulation also gives you additional rights about the information we hold about you and how we use it, including the right to:
- Withdraw consent and the right to object and restrict further processing of your data; however, this may affect service delivery to you.
- Request to have your data deleted where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing and if there are no legitimate grounds for retaining it.
- Request your data to be corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Have your data transferred or copied should you move to another
- Not be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
If you have any concerns
Please contact us if you would like to know more about the information, we hold about you and how we use it, please email email@example.com
You have a right to complain to us if you think we have not complied with our obligation for managing your personal information; please visit our Compliments and complaints page.
If you are not satisfied with the Council’s response you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can report a concern by visiting the ICO website.
Changes in your circumstances
You must notify us immediately if there are any changes in your circumstances and personal details so we can maintain an accurate and up to date record of your information.
Last updated: 14 June 2023
By Paul Stoppard, Senior Economic Development Officer