Home Page

Report Adult Abuse

What is an adult safeguarding concern?

Abuse is mistreatment that violates a person’s human and civil rights.

The abuse can vary from treating someone with disrespect in a way which significantly affects the person’s quality of life, to causing actual physical suffering.

Abuse can be:

Physical, sexual, domestic abuse, emotional, psychological, financial, neglectful, self-neglect, discriminatory, modern slavery, organisational abuse.

Abuse can happen anywhere, for example:

In a residential or care home, in a hospital, in the workplace, at a day centre, an educational establishment, in supported housing, in the street or in the person’s home.

Adult Abuse Web Image

What do I do if I have a concern about an adult?

If you are a member of the public and have concerns about an adult at risk, then you can call MASH on 0300 500 80 80 as soon as possible to discuss your concerns. You can report abuse anonymously.

In an emergency outside of these hours, contact the Emergency Duty Team on 0300 456 4546.

For more information regarding safeguarding concerns regarding an adult and how to report these please click here